Ring Doorbell Pro with 3 chimes wiring example clarification question

In the diagrams for “One Ring Video Doorbell Pro/one transformer/three internal doorbell chimes”, there’s no “Pro power kit” in sight but for the “One Ring Video Doorbell Pro/two internal doorbell chimes” there is a pro power kit shown. Is that intentional? Is there something about a 3rd chime that makes the pro power kit no longer necessary?

Additional question: In both a 16v 30 VA transformer is recommended. Is there anything wrong with using a larger transformer (24v 40 VA)? In my experience with amps and DC electronics like phone chargers, the amp rating is the maximum current the power brick can provide, but I’m not sure if that’s what the implication is with volt amps since they’re more akin to watts than amps.

Thanks!

Hi @AGingerman. I spoke with my team and confirmed you do need a Pro Power Kit for a Pro connected to three chimes and one transformer. We recommend using the diagram for a Pro connected to two chimes and one transformer for reference, as the Pro Power Kit will be installed the exact same way. Thank you for bringing that to our attention! I will reach out to the appropriate team to have the diagram in the Help Center updated. :slightly_smiling_face:

For the Ring Pro, we suggest using a transformer with the following specs: 16-24 VAC, 40VA max, 50/60Hz. If your installation has or needs any other transformer with different specs for your set up, we strongly recommend you consult a qualified electrician for further assistance.

Thanks Justin!

One follow up question: in the diagrams the pro power kit is placed on the chime closest to the transformer. Is that a requirement or can it be placed on any chime in the circuit?

@AGingerman You will have to place the Pro Power Kit on the first chime in the circuit, which is typically the one nearest to the transformer.:slightly_smiling_face: