Just wanted to see what the best course of action is for me. Basically we bought a ring doorbell pro a bit over 2 years ago because we saw a special deal and went for it. We were in the middle of renovating and due to build delays we have only now gotten around to installing it.
The problem is that it worked for about an hour before not powering on at all. We are using the 24vac transformer that came with the unit, bought from Costco in Australia.
We googled it and think it may be the internal non-replaceable battery (??) so we’ve been trying to charge this from a laptop via a micro-usb cable, but still no luck. I have multi-meter tested the transformer, that’s fine.
This thing has literally been used for a few hours all up (we took it out of the box to test it when we first bought it), but now it’s completely useless. I was unaware that there even was an internal non-replaceable battery until I googled the issue.
So, question for the community, what’s the best plan of action from here? Should I attempt replacing the non-replaceable battery? Can Ring see my lack of use and therefore kindly offer another solution? I would hate to have paid $199 for nothing