Ring Doorbell Pro Power Issue

My Ring Pro no longer indicates it’s getting power. It is hardwired to my exisiting doorbell wires. It seemed to have happened after the latest Ring app update from June 2, but don’t know if there’s any correlation (perhaps a doorbell firmware bricked the device – not sure). I have successfully verified that the wires are providing power to the doorbell. I have tried a hard reset of the Ring Pro using the instructions from Ring’s website, but was not successful

Anyone else experience this issue? If so, were you able to fix it?

Thanks.

1 Like

I have the same issue as well. The device now seems to have switched off. I am getting no luck wih support calls either

I am having the exact same issue. What is worse is that I deleted the doorbell device from my Ring app in the hopes that I could reinstall the device. When I did this, it would not receive power still and the mechanical doorbell (installed with the pro power set-up) kept ringing the doorbell every 3 or so seconds for a few minutes. Eventually it stopped and starting buzzing. I quickly disconnected the screw from the front terminal as it was overheating and would have eventually burned out the transformer.

I am stuck at this point and could really use some help.

Hey neighbors! In the instance that your Pro does not appear to be receiving adequate power or going into setup mode, you’ll want to try resetting it. You can reset the Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once that’s done, try to set it up in the Ring App again and see if it fully completes the setup. If that is unsuccessful, you’ll want to try a power cycle by disconnecting the Pro from power completely for 1 minute and then reconnecting it.

Should this concern still persist after these steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a deeper look into this and find a solution for you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

What does this statement in the device health report mean ?

Your Ring Doorbell Pro’s Wi-Fi signal strength is Good, and its power level is undefined.

Power level is undefined?

Hi @grogers. Your Ring Pro should produce a “clean bill of health”. An undefined power level simply means that there are no abnormalities. If there was a low power issue, for example, it would be indicated in the Device Health Report. I hope this information helps.

1 Like

Tom, thanks very much. One wonders why they don’t make this information easily available somewhere online for their consumers.

1 Like

Hi @grogers. You are very welcome. I can absolutely pass this feedback along to the appropriate teams!

Thanks Tom. How would I know about any action taken based on my feedback?

Hey @grogers. Chiming in for Tom. We are able to pass on feedback that we get from our neighbors in the Community on-to the appropriate teams internally, and continue to advocate for neighbors needs where we can. Although, if you are looking to make an impact on a bigger scale and get a wider reach of neighbors saying the same thing, this can usually have more of an impact when bringing this feedback to our teams.

Ways that we encourage neighbors to gather feedback in masses so we can then pass it onto the appropriate teams is through out Feature Request Board. Since we do not define what “undefined” means in the app, this would be a feature request to add into the app, including more information the different indicators and what they mean in-app. Feel free to add this to the Feature Request board and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile: