Ring Doorbell Pro does not ring

Ring Pro does not ring outside or in. It does record motion and send alerts to mobile device. but when the button is pushed, nothing. It is wired to a 16v 30vamp transformer. the light on the product remains solid blue. Suggestions?

Hi @Ray. To clarify, does the Ring Pro itself not ring when the button is pressed? If it’s not ringing at the chime kit inside your home, there are a few different causes for this but if it is also not ringing on the Doorbell itself then it may indicate a concern with the speaker. When utilizing the two-way audio on the Live View, are visitors able to hear you at the Doorbell? This will help us verify if the speaker on the Pro is working properly.

1 Like

I just tested it. I have two way audio that is very clear. The blue ring is solid blue. The chime does not ring outside or inside. The doorbell is giving me notifications via ring app. It records motion. Everything seems to work except it does not ring when the button is pushed.

Ray

Today, I decided to take the doorbell off and check the wiring. All was good. The doorbell unit was hot. I disconnected the two wires. I then touched the wires together and the inside door bell rang. I reconnected the ring pro. I pushed the button but no ring inside or out.

@Ray Thanks for that additional clarification. First, please check if your internal chime kit is listed here on our list of compatible chime kits for the Doorbell Pro. If it isn’t, it is likely not a supported chime kit which could be why we’re seeing this concern. You may want to look into swapping out your chime kit for a compatible one.

If it is listed as compatible, I’d recommend resetting the Doorbell and performing a new setup. To reset your Doorbell, hold down the setup button under the faceplate for 30 seconds. After that’s complete, walk through a new setup in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. Then test out the Doorbell to determine if it is ringing correctly.

Should the concern persist, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a deeper look at what’s going on and offer more advanced troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Let us know if any of the suggestions worked, or what our support team advises as it can help other neighbors with similar concerns! :slight_smile:

Since a few days, my Ring doorbell Pro has exactly the same symptoms. Have you been able to resolve this issue? (all works, except no reaction when pressing the doorbell: no event, no sound outdoor, no circling blue ring on the doorbell, and logically the indoor Ring Chimes don’t make a sound either). Resetting doesn’t help, device health is all green.