Ring Doorbell notification delay

Recently my notification on my phone when someone rings the doorbell is delayed about 5-10 minutes. The internal hardwired doorbell rings immediately and the motion notification go through to my phone immediately but then my phone will send the “someone is at your door” notification for a doorbell about 5-10 minutes later.

Hi @BreDawn! A delay that long is certainly odd to hear about, especially with other notifications being received as intended. The best first step here will be to remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device. Next, please check the Device Settings and Alert Settings for your Doorbell in the Ring app. As you mentioned a motion alert coming through, please check for motion during each instance of this ring notification delay, to ensure it is not being caused by a prior caught motion communicating and recording.

While other notifications and functionality seem to work as intended, it is always worth checking wifi signal strength and ensuring any vpn is disabled on the mobile device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: