Ring doorbell not activating with Amazon Deliveries

Just happened to me today - had company leave followed by black line of package delivery

1 Like

Just happened to me today - had company leave followed by black line of package delivery - I suggest we add delivery instructions to ring doorbell

1 Like

I agree with everyone here. I just received a package this morning. There is no way that the delivery person would not get detection unless like everyone is saying that they have some sort of jammer. If this is indeed a fact, it would post a hugh problem for everyone here.

2 Likes

Same here, had Ring about a week & and our first Amazon delivery nothing. What is more suspicious I was trying to connect to my Ring live feed & it was freezing on try to connect screen for 5min. When you go back to video there’s no blackout period. Its just like nothing happened. The picture doesnt even show the Amazon driver pulling up or driving away.

2 Likes

I have noticed also that my ring doorbell is not detecting an Amazon delivery driver. I had a package dropped off on my door step today 10/19/20. The mail was delivered right before this and ring detected the mailman with no problem. I’ve noticed this on several occasions before and now it is annoying me. Something is definitely going on with Amazon delivery drivers blocking ringdoorbell motion detection. I’m concerned because criminals will likely get a hold of whatever these drivers are using to block the motion sensors.

We just installed a ring peephole and a separate ring outdoor camera to cover more area and a leaf blowing by sets off both phones 4 alexas and 2 echo shows but I get Amazon deliveries almost daily and they are like Big Foot! No alerts and nothing at all when I look for them. Today I had a fed ex delivery and he activated the camera, 10 minutes later alexa announced a package had arrived. I watched all the footage between getting my fed ex package and the alexa alert and there was no Amazon van or driver so Im left to assume they have mastered the art of teleportation

1 Like

I have had my camera up for about a week now… Today I got a text about an Amazon delivery… So, of course I want to check my history… Nothing! Very weird for sure! I did however pick up lots and lots of squirrel activity today…

We are cancelling our Amazon prime account. This happened and a package was missing from our front door. There was no record of Amazon driver or anyone at all and the driver took a picture of the front door when he delivered 2 packages. one of the 2 packages delivered was missing and it’s our word against theirs. There was a thread on Reddit. I think this is a new thing they are doing and it’s a huge security risk.

Mine records black when an Amazon deliver

2 Likes

Same here
Ring need to sort this out as it is happening to to many people

2 Likes

Oh… They are definitely blocking the delivery. The footage is creepy. I go to the exact delivery time, look at the footage, and boom…the package appears with no truck, no delivery man, no nothing. This is no glitch. They are up to something!

2 Likes

Yes. Something shady indeed! My video shows a package arriving at the exact delivery time…but NO truck…NO human…it just suddenly appears on the porch! This is creepy .

1 Like

The videos are right out of the “Paranormal Activity” movie. The suddenly appearing packages creep my out. Amazon is up to something.

1 Like

That is true the video will show the delivery van. But not the delivery person the video freezes but you hear sound until he gets back in the van and starts videoing again. I have another video camera not Amazon and the video at same time and have the full video of the driver on other camera of the delivery. If they have the technology to stop your video, who else can use it? The driver must know when you have a ring because they sit in the van for a long time so they can. Start the video blocker.

2 Likes

Not only happens with Amazon deliveries, but also fedex, ups and I just got a phantom package by the usps…This is a BIG PROBLEM.

1 Like

Update: we had the notification go off for the first time with an actual Amazon Driver/truck. He also took a picture of the delivery. I guess it depends on the driver.

I am experiencing the same issue. I researched the issue and saw the posting on Reddit, as well. The last four Amazon deliveries are not being recorded on my Ring Doorbell camera. I also receives Fedex and UPS deliveries and see their motion detected each time. So if Amazon drivers can jam my cameras, anybody can jam my cameras and therefore my safety is compromised. Safety is the reason we booth the Ring doorbell. I’ve already adjusted the sensitivity on my camera and literally just watched an Amazon driver deliver a package to my front door and it didn’t pick up the motion. But as soon as I went outside to retrieve the package is recorded the motion.

This is no joke and not related to some sort of setting. We are actually home today watching this happen in real-time. Amazon arrived with 2 packages, neither were captured on Ring. We then went out and walked the same exact path Amazon did and it captured us the whole way… This is not some sort of motion setting BS as customer service would have you check. This is some sort of “feature” that Amazon seems to be playing with related to the partnership between Ring and Amazon…

It’s pretty disturbing they have this sort of control over our devices, or at the very least make this a known feature so we could opt-in/out…

I just noticed the same thing, every delivery I have shows up except Amazon. There is a motion detection and voila’, a package is there…

Anyone else? Just got the new Ring, but my older model had the same issue and stop recording altogether.

1 Like

If it were a setting issue, it would be with the individual, I have seen this thread on several sites with the same issue.

1 Like