Ring Doorbell no longer displays LIVE view

Live has not worked via iPhone app nor iMac app since 5/4/20 after 3:40pm Mountain time. I have working history prior to 5/4/20 3:40pm MT, but nothing after. I see all of the alerts/motions in the history log, but they are not clickable, they will not launch a video. All of the ones prior to 5/4 launch fine. Something happened on or around this date to RING. I am not the only one experiencing this issue. And when you call customer service, they want you to do all sorts of ‘waste of time’ troubleshooting like resetting your router and pulling your doorbell off the wall and completely uninstalling and resetting it. WHAT!?!?!?! NO. This has worked almost perfectly for years, now all of a sudden tons of customers are having live/video issues and your solution is to run them in stupid troubleshooting cicrles? Be better. Or I will just find another more reliable brand. Anyone else seeing this crap? Everything is working except for live. My motion alerts work and log. My doorbell actually rings an audible sound when pressing the button. I see “live views” in the history, I just cannot access/click on them, nor can I launch live. So if everything else is working except for live, why on earth are these guys wanting me to tear it all down and reinstall. Rideculous.

18 Likes

Same Here. Last Time ( 2 Monty ago) i fixed The Problem with Factory Reset. But i dont Wanne do a Factory Reset every 2 Month

1 Like

Same here. Tried to reconnect with QR code. Said it was tied to the previous owner. I am the only owner.

1 Like

Yup. My intermittently shows live. Once every 100 times. Now it’s just showing offline.

Same here–no video. So frustrating.

Same issue here with a Ring 3.
When I innitiate a live view not working.

After I did reset, and reconnected to wifi worked for few mins.

After I do go to the door, get a noitification, works again quite well, but only few times.

If I disable wifi (as recommended by some others), for me is not working!

Indeed pitty, since I do like this battery version, and did not want to switch to goole nest, but … not sure at this stage since it is bothering me that I can live view when I want.

Re: Ring Doorbell no longer displays LIVE view.

Just found this thread after unsuccessfully trying to resolve this issue with my Ring doorbell. Thought it was just me! I too have done all the troubleshooting with no success. Even have a newer more powerful modem/router. Hoping ring addresses this soon ?

1 Like

I’ve been having the same problem for months. Going through all the steps, resetting, extra batteries, etc. Nothing has changed in my internet wireless system, location of chime or modem/router. Just stopped working in live view or even notifications. This has been a waste of time, constantly rebooting, resetting, etc. This system cost a lot of $$. I would expect better from a company, especially in light of all the same complaints logged in on this forum. It is not helpful for support to tell me to do the same process that I’ve tried for months. I will not recommend Ring to anyone. Even now with fully charged battery, when someone approaches or rings the doorbell the notification is several minutes after the fact. Totally defeats the purpose. Not a good or reliable product. Getting something else.

1 Like

So after waiting and waiting from this thread I’ve moved on to the nest hello. What an improvement. Ring lost a committed customer.

Try turning off your Wi-Fi on your phone then turn it back on. If your Wi-Fi is off, then turn it on.

Tried that a long time ago too. Worked worked in totally then same problem after a couple of hours.

I have run into this same problem starting last week. I have 400mb/s internet speed so know it’s not that. Besides, I’ve tried everything as well

1 Like

Hi Neighbors! There are some great steps mentioned in this thread, all worth trying. Video connection concerns are often related to network variables, but can also be impacted by many other factors. Check out our Community post for great tips on troubleshooting live view concerns. If you’ve tried the suggestions in this thread and from the Community post shared above to no avail, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Get the rapid ring app

I was getting free ring doorbell 2 service for a full year. I got a new phone and had to reinstall the app and setup the bell again. once i installed and tried to set the bell up again I could not reconnect the unless I subscribed to their monthly service plan. I had originally got this thinking that there would be no service plan however all sevice was suspended.

I’m having the same issues. My Ring doorbell camera stopped showing the live view today and ever since hasn’t been able to connect. I wonder if this is a hardware issue seeing as how I own an older model or if it’s a firmware issue. Really hope Ring fixes this.

I managed to get it to work on my old Ring 2 Doorbell by repeatedly requesting live view. It took 5 attempts before it finally turned on.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

My Ring Doorbell 3 worked perfectly for October. Intermittent first 2 weeks November then not working at all 3rd week. Yesterday I reduced announcement devices in Alexa app from 11 to 7 and rebooted the mesh node the doorbell connects too (27 days since previous reboot). Today it has worked perfectly on my two Echo 5’s twice. Long may it continue if it starts happening again, I will first reboot the node as I guess it may have been causing the problem.

Power Source: Hard Wired

Power Status: 56%

Signal Strength: RSSI-60

Firmware: Up to date

Device Health Report: “clean bill of health”

Speed test mobile data off with phone sitting on doorbell:

Download: 78Mbps

Upload: 18Mbps

Wi-Fi connection: Synology MR2200ac as node with Wi-Fi connection to Synology RT2600ac (Virgin cable connection 220Mbps down 20Mbps up (currently close to 100% uptime)).

Update: Unfortunately, third doorbell of the day failed so I have not found a solution.

I am having the same issues with Live View for most of this week! I tried using multiple devices, iPhone, computer app, tablet, etc. I get the other videos such as Doorbell answer and motion detection. I think there is something wrong with the authentication server. I was having issues logging on to my Ring account!