Ring Doorbell no longer displays LIVE view

Just to boot- the doorbell now intermittently disconnects from my wifi. Again- nothing has changed over the last 3-4 years. But now it disconnects. My wifi router is less than 10 feet away.

Just realized yesterday that I wasn’t able to use the LiveView on my Ring Flood. This is an issue I hadn’t had before. So I read this thread and one other, and tried a couple things. First, i checked on the DataSaver setting on my phone, and found it to be OFF…so that wasn’t the fix that some had success with. Second, I did the next easiest thing which was to turn off wi-fi on my phone (thereby enabling LTE), launch the Ring App, bring up the Live View (which now worked), turned wi-fi back ON, backed out of the LiveView, then reenabled it…and voila it was now working on my WiFi. Hope this helps at least one other person from trying the more difficult remedies!

2 Likes

What kind of router do you have? I purchased a nest wifi router and I fixed the problem easily by moving the nest wifi farther (yes) father away from the doorbell. Some routers have 2.4 and 5gHz integrated. The ring doorbell won’t work with 5gHz, so in order to access only the 2.4gHz from long distance just move it further away. It worked like a charm. The ring won’t work with 5gHz.

I have a google mesh system. Worked fine for the last 3 years. Haven’t moved anything at all.

I did as well and it worked great, but then I changed to the nest mesh and the live camera went black. The nest mesh can’t be separated 2.4 to 5 gHz, so it requires longer range. Moved it, and it works perfectly again.

thank you. I had the same problem as others and this fixed it. Shutting wifi off, connecting via LTE, going back to wifi…now all is working.

How did you connect to lte?

I have the same problem. It’s currently 8:27 pm EST here and my live view will not work!! My battery is 100% and my signal strength is excellent too!! This is not right and they need to fix the problem. I have tried everything from resetting the ring doorbell to resetting my internet!! It’s the dang doorbell that quits working.

2 Likes

i bought a new ring 2. I have everything working but the live view. I have reset it, rebooted, deleted apps you name it i have tried it. I called support, which was pointless because the lady in India could not understand me and I could not understand her. What I did get out of her was the exact same trouble shooting process that i already did just following the help section. So wasted more of my time and They did nothing. Now i see alot of people are having this issue. It’s always the router, or signal strength is what they tell you. BS answer to me. I will say this, i would not recommend a Ring product to anyone. Anyone know of a better product out there to try?

2 Likes

I’m going to be switching to the nest doorbell if they don’t fix this issue. Clearly it’s firmware as it used to work fine. Nothing has changed in my home.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issues on and off for weeks now, but the last few hours I cannot connect to live view . I have reinstalled it and everything . So frustrating!!

1 Like

Agreed. 3 hrs with them and nothing was resolved. Still haven’t fully restored the live view issues. It’s definitely a firmware problem.

I have done that it’s a temporary fix. It will come back. Mine came back after 3 days.

That’s whole lot of work and could be’s for something that’s worked perfectly until one random day

Worked like a charm. Thank you so much for posting this.

1 Like

What worked like a charm?

Thanks surfcityT,
I just did the exact same thing by turning ‘off’ my phone’s wifi then trying a “live” view on the Ring, and it worked. Then went back to phone settings and turned wifi back on and then back to “live” view and it still worked. Usually it works for a day or two and then I have to do the whole process over. By the way, when I go to Device Health and “Change Wi-Fi Network” it tells me to press the orange button and release to see a spinning white circle, which never happens. I always have to hold down the orange button for like 20 to 30 seconds to make it a blue flash, then press the orange button once to finally get a spinning white circle.

1 Like

This worked for me as well: turn off phone WiFi. Access Live View - success! Turn on phone WiFi. Access Live View - success! And they lived happily ever after … or at least until the next Ring crisis.

Dang it! Spoke too soon. 5 minutes passed and again shows no Live View. Grrrrr!!!

Dang it! Spoke too soon. 5 minutes passed and again shows no Live View.