Ring doorbell misting over in cold weather

I was away and the morning I wanted to view it it was steamed up as three people came in my front garden with ladder and climbed over the fence out front into back garden. But only could see outline as misted up. They told me to wipe it how can I if away. Or if in the middle of the night something happens and you cannot see. I’ve tried many things but do not work

2 Likes

I have the fogging problem on cameras mounted in remote locations over grass (the ones mounted over concrete don’t have this problem). The same dew that forms on the grass also forms on the outside of the lens. I’ve tried an an anti-fog solution and it didn’t work. I tried Rain-X for plastic, and it just made the droplets a little larger. My next step will be to take a fish tank aerator pump which will be enclosed in an electrical box near the camera and run the plastic tubing to the camera. I will position the end of the tubing above the lens so air will blow down across the lens. The pump will be on a timer so it will only run at night. This should stop the dew from forming on the lens. I’ll report back after testing.

Looks like I’m not the only one having problems with fogging over during cold weather.I have a Ring door bell in front and a Security cam in back.The back camera is about 8ft off the ground.I need a refund during the winter.

4 Likes

How is your camera does that mist over

Yes.Once the Temperature got below 40 it started to fog over.Both my ring doorbell and my security camera in back.

1 Like

Since I’ve rubbed some fairy liquid over the cover, it’s not been that bad. It was cold last night and car windows were missed over but the camera looked ok. I suppose the fairy liquid adds a layer. Say I mentioned on a previous reply, it works on my glasses and they don’t steam up.

My husband want have cctv as he’s saying if this is happening to the doorbell the lens on cctv will be the same. They are selling this product knowing they have s problem in the winter that is bad when they know it’s be going on for years when you do a search on line

1 Like

I Googled Fairy Liquid and see that it is sold in the UK.Im going to try Rain× but I see that some have tried and it didn’t work.I will also try Fairy Liquid.Thank you.John

Keep forgetting that this is a global community. Yes Fairy is sold in the UK. I would try any good quality washing up liquid.

1 Like

I will.Thank you

I have wiped it twice already tonight… thats not a good solution :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve used the anti fog like ring have told me doesn’t work. I cannot wipe it if away. They have know about this problem for years and not done anything about it. Another person from ring said yes that’s what happens when tempture drops. They don’t tell you this when you read about the product. This is not fit for purpuse.

I agree Summerlily9.When the Temps drop and there’s moisture in the air the cameras are going to fog over and so far as I know,there’s no fix for the problem.

I tried the rubbing washing up liquid, was ok until last night when the temperature went below zero. It fogged up and loads of condensation. They definitely have a problem.

I’ve just got home and my Ring is the same, all rigged up and can’t view anything. I only purchased on Wednesday…About as useful as a chocolate radiator currently!

2 Likes

Adam1991,Same here.Moisture during cold weather and this is going to happen.Other then wiping the lens,I dont think any8can be done.So that means they’re useless during cold weather.

1 Like

I think the only thing that would fix it is if it had a small heat source inside. But if battery powered it would definitely drain faster…

Mine is wired my sons is battery he has the same problem

My Ring door bell is battery powered and my camera is Battery with a Solar panel for charging.Both have the same problem.

I think it’s bad they are selling a product which doesn’t work in winter. We had a problem when we was away with three people I think as couldn’t see as misted over with a ladder and climb over the fence in the front into our back garden when we was away not nice when you need to see what’s happening and you cannot see much

1 Like