Ring doorbell cannot connect to internet

I have the same issue. At 1st mtpy doorbell worked fine then I had a power outage and now it won’t connect said it’s an internet issue but I had my internet checked out and everything was good I don’t know what to do know

How did you change your security

I logged into the admin of my gateway and went to the IPv4 security settings and selected one level below maximum. Which for the Xfinity gateway that setting is called “typical”

1 Like

I set my Xfinity IPv4 security level to “Low” and I still can’t connect. Anybody else have a suggestion? I’m thinking with so many people having the same issue it has to be a Ring / Xfinity compatibility issue.

It sing says too far from the router or poor singal or to far from the internet’s router

I just switched to the 1 gig internet and decided like many of you to use Xfinity’s XFi gateway. I was able to get the Ring Doorbell 2 to “connect” or at least appear so, like some of you had… but I still couldn’t communicate. Under the WiFi it would show as a disconnected device, so I went in and assigned a static IP using the “add device with reserved ip” button. Once I had done that, I went and rang the doorbell to activate it. This brought it “online” and it now shows in my online devices list and is working properly.

Hopefully this helps one of you as well.

2 Likes