Ring Doorbell, Camera, Alexa (Echo) and Chime Integration Enhancement Requests

I recently have installed a Ring Doorbell, Spot Camera, Floodlight Camera and Chime Pro (gen1) and have several Alexa devices. In trying to get them all to work together I have run into several issues and therefore submit them here as enhancement requests. Please let me know if there are solutions to any requests that already exist that I might not be aware of.

(Note: I thought of breaking these into a thread per request but am consolidating them for Ring’s benefit. I also see other postings of some of these requests so I add my vote to adding them here.)

As a user, I want to be able to set two motion areas per camera that perform different actions. For example, one area plays notification of motion and in the other area just record motion. Note: Currently, it seems you can set multiple areas per camera but they perform the same actions notifications, recording and schedule actions. The only option currently seems to be to install two cameras.

Ring has the ability to detect if it is a person motion or non-person motion, therefore as a user, I want to have Chime make a different motion sound when a person vs. non-person motion occurs. In addition, different sounds depending on which camera detects the motion.

As a user, I want to be able to define Chime to have voice announcement options. In conjunction with the ability to have person vs. non-person motion (e.g., ‘there is someone at your front yard’ or ‘there is motion in the backyard’). In addition, ‘no sound’ should be an option. In addition, to be able to set volume per camera such that my doorbell could be louder than motion in my backyard. Doorbell versus motion can be defined, however, it seems that the same notification sound and volume for all motions for all devices is the only option.

Ring has the ability to install multiple cameras, therefore as a user, I want to have Chime make different sounds at different volumes depending on which camera detects the motion. It would also be desirable for chime to have voice announcement options (e.g., ‘there is someone in your front yard’ or ‘there is motion in the backyard’). Currently only different doorbell versus motion sounds can be defined. Also the same notification sound and volume for all motions for all devices seems to be the only option.

As a user, I want to be able to have Alexa make different types of announcements when detecting motion versus motion. It is nice you can only make announcements if it is person versus non-person but it is the same announcement.

As a user, I want the Ring schedule to also control the Alexa notifications. Currently if I set device schedule to suppress motion alerts, it does so on my cell phone and chime but it continues to notify on Alexa.

As a user, I would like to be able to control modes via schedule or event (e.g., sunrise, sunset). Currently it seems this is only controllable by geofence.

Note: I prefer Alexa integration for notifications to be the most robust. I only have Chime because it came bundled with my Floodlight Camera. I tried to use it to augment Alexa integration but found it lacking too.

Hi @TrentW. These are great suggestions. I’ve gone ahead and moved this to our Feature Request Board so other neighbors can vote for this and add interest!

Thanks @Tom_Ring. I searched for an enhancement request area and could not find it. Thanks for assisting.

1 Like