Ring Doorbell battery lasting 24hours

My Ring Doorbell battery is not holding charge.

For example:

If I put the doorbell on chagre the app will report100% chagre (as you would expect)

12 hours later the the battery will be down around 20%

In 24 hours it will be below 10%

Having to charge it every other day is pointless, I might as well ask people to knowk the door!

It is only 18 months old.

I would expect a product with the expense of Ring to last significantly longer.

Hey @Griffiths. The batter on your Doorbell should be lasting longer than 24 hours, so I’m happy to offer some suggestions here. I’d recommend resetting the Doorbell by holding down the setup button for 30 seconds after fully charging the battery for about 6-8 hours. Once that’s done, walk through a new setup in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device.

Should the battery still drain as quickly, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a deeper look at your device and provide more advanced troubleshooting steps to resolve this concern. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know what support recommends if you contact them, as it can be helpful for other neighbors with a similar concern! :slight_smile: