Admins - Feel free to take this down / move to where appriate if this has already been mentioned elsewhere.
I have a battery powered Ring Doorbell (2020 Release) Gen 2
I’m fairly confident when it comes to technology but for the life of me i cannot understand why my battery has been draining so fast. Just wanted to check if this was a common issue / any possible soultions the community might have.
So far my settings are as follows.
- Firmware is up to date
- The wifi signal is strong to the doorbell
- Snapshot feature is off
- Rich notification is on
- Motion frequency is minimal
- Adavnced motion detection is off
- Video recording length is 30secs (recommeneded setting)
- No privacy zones in place
- Normal day has roughly 10 alerts, normally the family leaving for work / school then setting it off again when they come home. Due to the postion of the camera in relation to my driveway i very rarely get any false alerts.
- I’m the only one with access to the account so i know that no one else is using anything battery draining (live view for example).
- weathers been fairly mild in my area so i know that cold weather isn’t affecting the battery life nor is the doorbell exposed to any rain/snow/direct sun light etc
I do have the video quailty set to the highest and i know this will affect battery life.
But condiering the alerts are a normal households coming and goings i find it ridiclous that a battery that should be lasting 6-12 months is only lasting me 10days at best.
My battery never had this problem until about 2 months ago and i’ve had it installed since March (2021)
Anyone else having simlaur issues all of a sudden?
Does anyone know of any obvious change / update that could be affecting this?
Or does is my doorbell on the way out after only a year of use?
Thanks in advance.
Apologies for the spelling