Ring Doorbell 3 Suddenly not working with poor wifi message

I bought a Ring video doorbell 3 on 14 August & it has been working fine upto now. In the last few days it’s stopped working, giving off a message about poor wifi connection. When I click on Device Health it shows RSSI-74. However if I stand next to it & do the speed test on my phone I get Download 17.4mbs, Upload 7.05mps & Ping 25ms.

I managed to get it working again yesterday by taking out thh battery & putting it back again.

The only thing that I can thing of is that it has rained heavily leading up to it not working. I know that should make no difference, but I have not done anything to the Router or had any issues with my Virgin wifi, & all other wifi products are connecting fine.

Thank you

1 Like

Hey there, @bt7019! Although your speed test results came back as sufficient, the Video Doorbell might be reading distance, interference, or other variables in the signal it is receiving. I recommend connecting to the 2.4 Ghz frequency, rather than the 5 Ghz, if you are not already. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimising this signal strength. If this concern persists, try bringing your Video Doorbell inside, near the router, to see if signal strength improves in the Ring app, after a few events. If it does, our Chime Pro may be useful here, for extending wifi signal to outside your door. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Having the same issue. Will try this tomorrow!

1 Like