Ring doorbell 3 plus sensitivity problems

Have only had this doorbell for a month and at my wits end with constant notifications for motion. I have turned the sensitivity completely down and have made my sensor area just a small portion of the porch right in front of the door. Wondering if there is any other recourse besides returning it ? Not sure if there is a way to upload screenshots of said area.

Hey @Gobucks73. Yes, sharing a picture or video will give the Community a better idea of what adjustments need to be made. When posting, you should see an upload button (^ arrow pointing up) to upload. When attaching this video, you will need first gather the share link of the video. You can do this by going into the Event History in your Ring App and choosing to share it via email. From there, copy the link that is generated and paste the link in the body of your post. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply.

Ring Doorbell 3 is a piece of junk. The sensitivity problem should have been resolved by now with a program update. This problem started after Ring sent out a program updated and they know this is the problem. My doorbell is less than a year and a half old. Ring needs to replace it.

Hi @user26124. You can find some troubleshooting steps for motion settings in this Help Center article. It’s also important to consider the placement and angle of your Doorbell when you’re looking at motion detection concerns, which you can read more about in this Community post as well. Oftentimes, adjusting the motion settings or even the placement of your Doorbell can help resolve common motion detection concerns.

If these suggestions don’t help, you can also reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.