Ring Doorbell 3 hardwired not charnig

Hi there !

I bought a Rind Doorbell 3 which I hardwired with a AC 20V 2.3Amps power supply.
I’ve added a 50W 25Ohms resistor, between the power supply and the Ring.

I’ve tested directly on the ring : the voltage is 19.6V so it is hardwired.

But on the app, “Power source” is still “Battery”. It won’t change for “Hardwired”…

So, of course, the battery is always going down and never charging.

The support phone number given on the website is wrong (00 800 87 00 97 81 or 0800 87 00 97 81 do not exist)

Any idea ?

1 Like

Hi @maxpetit. For this concern, it would be best to contact our support team directly. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thank you Tom,

I would love to, but as I mentionned the number this page provides for France is wrong, it does not exist. I am unable to reach anyone.

Can you please provide a correct phone number ?

Thanks
Best,

I had an excellent long call yesterday with support in the US. I have the 2020 version on the original device. I was told that all of the ring doorbells are essentially the same technology until you get to the pro or elite models. My reason for calling was I wanted a way to prevent my device from going to sleep. Impossible I was told, even if your hardwire the doorbell it will always be a battery powered device. Your ring 3 will always be a battery powered device.

The logic on our devices, because of the batteries, requires them to enter power saving mode to preserve power.

It was not part of the conversation but I believe when you wire your doorbell it is not like charging it with a charger. It is something like a ‘trickle’ charge. It kind of slows the ultimate drain. BUT - that is just my impression.

Thanks Charlies,

As I said It won’t EVER change for “Hardwired”…

The battery is always going down and NEVER charging, as if the wiring (or the device) was faulty.

@Tom_Ring could you please have a look ? Again, the French/European phone number is invalid, I can’t get anyone on the phone. Shall I just send the device back ?

Hi @maxpetit. If the numbers listed on the website are not working for you, try contacting your phone service provider to see if they are on a blocked list or somehow prohibited. The numbers listed are known to be working and accurate, 8AM - 8PM CET, Monday - Friday. Also, for French only support, you can email assisstance@ring.com. Thank you!