Ring doorbell 2nd gen not charging

Recently set up my doorbell 2nd generation it has worked amazingly for a couple of weeks now! But it recently needed charging so I brought it in plugged it in followed all instructions and the circle light indicator just flashed blue continually so I assumed that was the charging light turns out it wasn’t charging so in fact ended up fully down so I left it in charge for another 24hrs continuing to check to see if it had charged or not it wouldn’t come back on 2 days later I walked past it still on charge I got a notification motion had been detected so I in plug it set it all back up outside to find it again hadn’t actually charged at all so try and charge it again and it’s still not working yet if I ask my Alexa to answer front door it opens the camera as if it is working! This is soo annoying am just hoping someone else has been through this and can tell me how to get it working again! It doesn’t even react when I press the bell as if I’m ringing it

Hi @bethunsworth1995. I would try to perform a reset on your Doorbell. You can do this by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, then releasing. Your Doorbell will take about 1 minute for it to reboot. Once it has rebooted, you can reconnect it to wifi. After this process, charge it completely and monitor its behavior. I hope this helps!