Today my ring doorbell was useless. So - before calling Amazon directly and complaining I removed the device and reinstalled it on a totally new network (different router). At this moment everything would appear to be happy. My current RSSI is -61 as reported via the newly installed app version - 3.33…0. I believe the ONLY change I have made is to set the motion frequency to frequent. I’ve no idea what the firmware version is.
Interestingly - I was once again offered the physical (feet) option for the motion detection and I set that to 30 feet (which may have been the default).
I will make no physical/configuration changes to this setup and will monitor/report behavior here. I suspect the RSSI (now -61) will for some reason degrade quietly over time (or via forced software upgrades). Let’s see.