Ring Doorbell 2 Unusable

Hello,

I have a Ring Doorbell 2 that I purchased April 2019. For the most part it worked just fine, it was hardwired in.

I moved to a new house last December and hardwiring is not a possible option at the moment with how it’s setup, so I have to rely on battery.

At first it was working fine for a month or so, but now I am having consistent and nonstop issues to the point I can’t use it.

Firstly the battery drains to near empty after a couple~ weeks and I have tuned settings already to help it stay alive longer based on recommendations/articles (which is already frustrating that I have to limit it’s features for this)

It is constantly offline. I’ve already tested the signals to where it’s always showing strong signal. I have 1GB internet and I can still pull great speeds even at the end of my driveway. I would have to do several resets/reconfigures just to get it finally re-connected again. I’ve already followed every recommendation for network. Issues range from not connecting and staying that way until it randomly decides to connect.

The most common issue is it will be online but I cannot view any live video or no doorbell notification will come if someone presses it. I’ve done multiple factory resets, reconfiguring, basically every thing I could find in every help article. This device is purely just not working well anymore.

What else can I do with this device?

Hi @ferza. Since you have already done extensive troubleshooting on your own, it may be best to contact our support team. They will be able to look at your account and run some diagnostics on your Doorbell to see if everything is functioning as intended.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.