Ring Doorbell 2 ringing event not registered in app / no notification

Recently my Ring Doorbell 2 stopped registering if someone pushes the ring button:

• ring event not registered in the app

• no notification

This seems to be related to motion detection triggering shortly before the ring button is pressed. For now, as a workaround I have disabled motion detection.

I did not have motion notifications enabled, only the detection.

I already tried restarting / resetting the Ring Doorbell 2, without success.

No changes were made to my network, or to the settings of the Ring Doorbell 2 shortly before the issue started occuring. It has been working fine for over a year, combining motion detection and ring alerts without problems.

1 Like

I have exactly the same issue. If it records motion notification then a few seconds later someone pressed then doorbell the event is not recorded. I called ring and they said its by design! If it is then it’s a rubbish design.

I have motion notification going to my phone and then ring notification going to all other devices, now most of the time no ring notications go to any device.

I have videos of people walking up to the door pressing the door bell but no notifications on the phone.

1 Like

If motion is detected then the button doesn’t work, which is a complete failure in design. Because if you do not have your phone on you and motion is setup to only message your phone then you have no idea someone is at your front door if you are using chimes. The fundamental premise for this system is to “ring” you…that is not happening.