Ring Doorbell 2 - Random Notifications

Hi there

We have a ring doorbell second-generation and chime installed in our house and it has been working perfectly for three months, but today the doorbell has given us several false notifications and nobody is at the door.

The ring doorbell is hardwired to a mains powered adaptor so there is no issue with batteries and there is excellent Wi-Fi throughout the house.

Please can someone contact me and help explain The nature of this fault?

3 Likes

We getting loads of false notification to the point it is becoming a joke.

I have had to disconnect the ring door bell as it has become annoying! Can’t have it going on all night

3 Likes

We are also getting a lot of false notifications to the point that I am thinking of disconnecting the doorbell and chime pro. What’s going on?

3 Likes

Our chime is going off about every 20 minutes, but nothing on the app showing any activity.

3 Likes

We are having same problems. Also dues to connect to live view

3 Likes

Seems to be a common problem tonight! Mine has been going off repeatedly for about 3 hours now. No one at the door. Earlier I was not getting any notifications even when the doorbell was pressed. I wonder if it’s saved them up and sent them all at once?

3 Likes

Similar problem for us tonight.
False motion alert sound followed by one Doorbell ring sound in the connected chime only and no record of these in the ring app.
Also live view fails to launch last few weeks.
The company must investigate these issues.
From Essex

1 Like

I will send Twitter and Facebook message to the company and you could the same.

1 Like

I t must be a a fault on Ring servers. I had 2 random notification yesteday as well.

2 Likes

Hi neighbours. Yesterday we were experiencing a delay in our Processing Infrastructure. This has since been resolved. If you are still experiencing delays, Please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.

1 Like

@KenAbram wrote:

I t must be a a fault on Ring servers. I had 2 random notification yesteday as well.

Wow, it appears we aren’t the only ones here in the US affected. Since the 29th & 30th of September when the problem occurred with the Ring Servers, we too have seen a surge of these similar issues. Some of us had to reset our devices, or re-toggle ON and then back OFF (or vice-a-versa) our App settings to correct the weird behavior. At least you aren’t alone dealing with this.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Accessories/Ring-Chime-pro-keeps-chiming-in-the-dead-of-the-night/m-p/61370#M2378

:slight_smile:

1 Like

@KenAbram wrote:

@Boone wrote:

Wow, it appears we aren’t the only ones here in the US affected. Since the 29th & 30th of September when the problem occurred with the Ring Servers, we too have seen a surge of these similar issues. Some of us had to reset our devices, or re-toggle ON and then back OFF (or vice-a-versa) our App settings to correct the weird behavior. At least you aren’t alone dealing with this.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Accessories/Ring-Chime-pro-keeps-chiming-in-the-dead-of-the-night/m-p/…

Here is another example and solutions to how some people’s Apps and devices were apparently affected by the Ring system ‘outage’ back on the 29th & 30th of September:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-App/Not-receiving-any-notifications/m-p/61486#M5775

FYI: @Barney05 , @PV1 , @Andromeda411 , @Peterborough , @Harky ,

@T0pcat ,
@Tom_Ring

1 Like