Ring Doorbell 2 not working

every now and then my doorbell decides not to give me motion notifications and now it’s not even letting me go on live view. Also, when the doorbell is pressed it doesn’t notify me on my phone or chime. I’ve tried adjusting all the setting multiple times and I’ve reset it and it’s still not working.

Hi @sophieperry37. Is your Doorbell reporting as offline in the Ring App, or does it show that it’s online? If it is showing as offline, you’ll want to walk through reconnecting it to wifi in the Ring App. Open the Ring App > Main Menu > Devices > your Ring > Device Health > Reconnect to Wi-Fi. If the Doorbell is not offline, what is the RSSI reading on the Device Health screen? An unstable wifi connection could cause intermittent connectivity concerns. Check out our Community Post on RSSI here to learn more.

it didn’t say it was offline until this morning so i reconnected it to the wifi and now it’s not working again (but it doesn’t say that it’s offline). It says the RSSI is 34. I’ve had the doorbell for nearly 2 years and it’s only recently started to not work which is annoying when i only recently paid to watch back footage.

@sophieperry37 Thank you for letting me know. Can you please clarify what part of the Doorbell is not working? Are you unable to access Live View? Feel free to attach any screenshots that may help demonstrate what you’re seeing on your end as the Doorbell should be working as intended if it is online with a good wifi signal.

Nothing is working, when I try and look at the live view it constantly says ‘activating device’, it’s not recording any motion, when the doorbell is pressed it’s not ringing on the chime or the app. It is very frustrating.

more pictures

@sophieperry37 Thank you for taking the time to share those screenshots here. I’d recommend performing a reset and a fresh setup on the Doorbell to refresh its connection with the Ring App and your home wifi network. To reset the Doorbell, you’ll want to hold down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once that’s complete, you can walk through a new setup in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. After the new setup is done, you can try testing out the Live View to see how it’s working.

If these concerns persist after trying those steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. Our support team will be able to look more closely at what’s going on and offer more advanced troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: