Ring doorbell 2 Hardwired battery not working as it should!

My ring doorbell 2 ,
Just depended on the battery as it was not hardwired, and eventually decided I should get it hardwired.
It was then I realised that Ring doorbell has faults in that;
After hardwiring the ring doorbell 2, and expecting a trickle charge to the battery which would supply adequate power, however this was NOT the case, I had a fully charged battery and a display on my ring dash board displaying that my ring doorbell 2 was hardwired BUT to contradict my last statement it also displayed that my battery was critically low at 4%.
I’ve tried contacting Ring support but to no avail.
I have decided to suffer on with this awful product until the plan runs out where then I will change over to another product made by a competing reputable company.
Also, I will NOT recommend this product to anyone.

Hi @Reversadoor. What is the voltage rating for your doorbell transformer? Are you using a compatible Chime Kit? These are just a few factors that can regulate how your Doorbell receives its trickle charge. Another factor is the amount of use your Doorbell has in an average day. How many events/Live Views are you experiencing in an average day? Answering these questions will help the Community determine what the issue might be.

Alternatively, you can reach out to our support team for more assistance. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.