Ring Doorbell 2, hard wired, no longer charging

I have a Ring Doorbell 2 (based in the UK) which is hard wired and connected to my internal bell. Installed approximately 4 months ago and all has been fine. Going into the app the other day it say’s that the Ring Doorbell is hardwired but it no longer seems to be charging, was saying 69%. Been checking it every day and the its gradually going down.

Is there anyway to tell when the last firmware was installed as I’m wondering if the two are linked.

I am having the same issue. Never had this problem before with my older ring doorbell that’s hardwired. Battery keeps dying extremely fast. I now rotate it with two batteries. Getting annoying

Hey there @Jason718 and @rturner99. If you’re both still having this concern of your battery draining rapidly and not staying charged from any internal doorbell wiring you have set up, it would be best to follow up with our support team on this. Please read our response to COVID-19 hereto see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.

Re: Ring Doorbell 2, hard wired, no longer charging

I have the same issue. My doorbell 2 worked great for the first year or so, then about a year ago I started having to charge the battery manually. Customer support says that it is normal even if it is hard wired. Your support sucks.