Ring doorbell 2 (hard wired) battery drain

My ring doorbell 2 has suddenly gone offline. It seems to fluctuate between low battery and offline. I changed the battery and when I installed a backup it displayed 38%. Now it’s down to 3% again. This is something new. I have had the product for over 2 years. I am charging the original battery to see if this fixes the issue. The doorbell is hard-wired.

The doorbell does have several hours of sun exposure so I’m not sure if that is to blame. I have adjusted my notifications to fewer notifications since our doorbell is triggered by family, pets, or the wind.

Hi @vanessa6297. Great start on trying the original battery as well as making some adjusted to your motion settings. If this persists, I would also recommend resetting the Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is done, reconnect the Doorbell in the Ring app by following the prompts under Set Up a Device. Make sure to insert a fully charged battery for this and then monitor the Doorbell to see if the unexpected battery drain continues.

If it does, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here so they can take a closer look and provide more in-depth troubleshooting. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.