Ring Doorbell 2 crackling noise in Live View Only

I have the ring doorbell 2 and it works fine until I go into Live view. As soon as I do that the bell makes a loud crackling noise which draws attention from passers by. The firmware is up to date and it doesn’t happen when someone rings the bell and I speak to them that way, it literally only happens in live view. Is there a fix for this?

Hey @darren11. Does this happen when attempting a Live View from another device, such as a phone or a tablet? This is the best way to rule out network concerns and more. Please also make sure that no bluetooth devices are connected when attempting the Live View. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Hi there

I’ve tried it on another device and it doesn’t happen, it seems that it’s just my phone. Do you know what could be causing it?

@darren11 Could there be possibly any bluetooth devices that are affecting your Ring app from doing this? I always recommend to turn this off and try again, and see if that is the culprit. In addition, it may just be a good idea to remove the app from your phone, reboot your phone (turn if off/on) and then reinstall the Ring app. Hope this helps!

I am having the same issue. No other bluetooth and just my iPhone (latest iOS and latest model). Ring’s software has been updated already, too.

Were you able to resolve it?

Hi @Amirandas23! Have you tried removing the Ring app and reinstalling it on your mobile device? If so, test audio on wifi only, then on cell data only, to see if the quality changes with connection. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile: