Ring doorbell 2 and TP link x20 mesh wifi

Hi

I have installed a tplink x20 mesh system and my ring2 battery doorbell isn’t liking this setup, the only way I have managed to get it to connect is to have a guest network without any security key, as the device would time out the setup and it would just keep being sent back to the start of the setup process, now I don’t think having a wireless signal without a security key is ideal, this needs to be fixed!!

Hi thanks for the reply, I can only do the setup off the wall so I have tried sitting next to the main router and connecting it to no avail, I’ve also tried turning off 5ghz but this isn’t making a difference either

Ive got the mesh M3 I think it is & the chime pro & my doorbell works far better than it did without the mesh. Is your mesh set up correctly - the SSID Should all be the same

Hi, yes the ssid is the same across the board, it’s a lot better on the new setup have to agree. the issue being it won’t connect to the main system with a wep key, hence having to connect to the guest network which is currently without a secure key. Not ideal![quote=“Linny40, post:4, topic:91085, full:true”]
Ive got the mesh M3 I think it is & the chime pro & my doorbell works far better than it did without the mesh. Is your mesh set up correctly - the SSID Should all be the same
[/quote]