Ring doorbell 2 and TP link x20 mesh wifi

Hi

I have installed a tplink x20 mesh system and my ring2 battery doorbell isn’t liking this setup, the only way I have managed to get it to connect is to have a guest network without any security key, as the device would time out the setup and it would just keep being sent back to the start of the setup process, now I don’t think having a wireless signal without a security key is ideal, this needs to be fixed!!

I have an Orbi mesh setup and didn’t encounter issue like you are.
One thought, are you trying to go through the setup process while the doorbell is mounted outside your house, or while you still have it inside your house? If inside your house I might recommend trying to do the setup near the main router and not one of the satellites of your mesh system.

1 Like

Hi thanks for the reply, I can only do the setup off the wall so I have tried sitting next to the main router and connecting it to no avail, I’ve also tried turning off 5ghz but this isn’t making a difference either

Ive got the mesh M3 I think it is & the chime pro & my doorbell works far better than it did without the mesh. Is your mesh set up correctly - the SSID Should all be the same

Hi, yes the ssid is the same across the board, it’s a lot better on the new setup have to agree. the issue being it won’t connect to the main system with a wep key, hence having to connect to the guest network which is currently without a secure key. Not ideal![quote=“Linny40, post:4, topic:91085, full:true”]
Ive got the mesh M3 I think it is & the chime pro & my doorbell works far better than it did without the mesh. Is your mesh set up correctly - the SSID Should all be the same
[/quote]