Ring Doorbell 2 (2020) not completing setup

Hi everyone, my ring doorbell 2, which i bought in November 2020 and was working perfectly before, said it was not connecting to the internet, so i did what it said in the app to connect it to the internet. However afterwards it says it can’t connect to the internet and now whenever you press the button, it rings in at a low volume and flashes the blue light 5 times. When i checked my internet hub menu, the ring doorbell is connnected to it. So when i tried calling support, it says it has closed at 8 even though I called at 7pm.

Thanks for any help

Hi @VinoI. Have you tried resetting your Doorbell? If not, I’d recommend resetting it by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once that’s done, you’ll need to set it back up in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. This should walk you through reconnecting it to the internet, and it should connect without issue. Should this concern still persist after trying a reset, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I am getting the exact same issue with a new doorbell 2 (2020). Chime connects fine to the system, doorbell keeps coming back with “something wrong with your internet connection”. I have tried deleting the app and power cycling my iphone 12. Same response. I have tried resetting the doorbell (20s hold on the button). Same issue. Any other suggestions?
PS this is running on batteries.

I have the reconnecting to wifi problem also with the Ring2 Doorbell as I am trying to connect to a new Wifi router. Under the Set up a device on the App, the Ring app keeps asking to connect to a Ring Wifi which doesn’t exist in my Wifi settings.

Hi neighbors! You’ve both done a lot of the basic troubleshooting steps I would have recommended you try. One other thing you can try when a device setup isn’t completing is to use a different smartphone or tablet to attempt the setup if you have one available. Also make sure any VPNs you have are disabled during the setup process. If these concerns continue to persist, please contact our support team at one of the numbers available here so they can help troubleshoot further. :slight_smile: