Ring Door Bell Solar Panel

Hello, The solar panel we have bought for our Ring Door bell doesn’t work - in fact it drains the battery. The solar panel is situated in full sun - taking into considertion we have had the sunniest months in April and May in the UK - it doesn’t work. After contacting Ring in the US we received a replacement solar and had the same problem.

Also when we charge the battery it only last a few days - I have changed the motion setting to light. When we bought the door bell it used to last at least 2.5 weeks between charges. I wonder if some of the new features are draining the battery. Many thanks

@Julia1 wrote:

Hello, The solar panel we have bought for our Ring Door bell doesn’t work - in fact it drains the battery. The solar panel is situated in full sun - taking into considertion we have had the sunniest months in April and May in the UK - it doesn’t work. After contacting Ring in the US we received a replacement solar and had the same problem.

Also when we charge the battery it only last a few days - I have changed the motion setting to light. When we bought the door bell it used to last at least 2.5 weeks between charges. I wonder if some of the new features are draining the battery. Many thanks

I was having the same problem, but they said it was my doorbell, it comes today, so, we’ll see