Ring door bell 2 not charging (hardwire)

I have owned the door bell 2 for some time now , 2.5 years to be exact and now it’s been going dead . it’s from what I have read due to a firmware update ? Its alway stayed above 95 or higher and due to this issue I had to buy a extra battery due to this problem . Is Ring going to fix this or is this a thing where you have to buy more batteries ? I considered buying a pro as its hardwire no battery but I have read there is a internal battery in those and when they die the pro has to be replaced ? I also called support and the person really didn’t know what was going on and I think was just agreeing to what I was asking . The main one was is there going to be a fix and the answer was yes , but I don’t think she had a clue .

Hi @Logic. I would try doing a reset on your Ring Doorbell. To do this, press and hold the setup button for 20 seconds, then release. After 1 minute, you will reconnect your Doorbell to wifi. The Doorbell will do a quick update and it will be back online. After that, monitor the battery for a few days to see if you notice improvement. Let me know if this works!

Are you talking about the set up button under the door ? If so I’ll try it …

Ok I just did it and I’ll let you know if it works , thanks

1 Like

From what it looks like after replacing the battery with a new one and doing the software upgrade it looks like it is charging … I’ll let you know in a week on it’s progress . It was at I think 74 this morning and now it’s at 79 but I’ll will give it a week to see what happens .

After a few days it isn’t charging like I thought , it’s down to 69% today . It’s really upsetting to me as I never had a issue before . I may have to get a pro because it’s hardwire but really don’t want to spend more
Money for something that was working before.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.