Ring DB 3 Solar Charger

Hi
I just brought the ring door bell 3 solar charger and itnstalled it correctly. App shows its connected but all day the sun has been on the solar panel sides and no charge whatsoever. The panel were very hot to the touch its was really sunny hot day as well. Id say the sun was on it for 6 hours straigh and not a single charge. Any ideas?

I am having the same trouble. Hope someone can enlighten us!

Hi neighbors! If the Solar Charger appears to not be charging the battery, it could be for a few different reasons. First, the Solar Charger is designed to provide a trickle charge to your Doorbell to help keep the battery topped off. If your Doorbell is recording a large number of events between motions, dings, and Live Views, it may drain more quickly than it can charge the battery. In that case, it may still need to be manually charged or you can adjust the Motion Zones or Motion Frequency settings to reduce the number of events your Doorbell is recording.

If your Doorbell doesn’t record a larger number of events each day but still doesn’t appear to be charging, I’d suggest performing a reset and new setup of the Doorbell to make sure everything is in order. You can reset the Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. If the Solar Charger is still not showing connected after these suggestions, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a deeper look and provide more advanced troubleshooting support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Solar panel never shows connected and when you fully charge the battery and re connect it’s shows 41%