Ring dash-cam system for vehicles

I would love to see a dash-cam system by Ring. It would be great if it were solar powered - perhaps the “sticky part” that you adhere to the windshield on the inside of the car could also be the solar panel?

It would be great to integrate this into the app and perhaps use your cell phone’s data hotspot to run the device/upload.

Furthermore, this would allow you to check in on your car if it’s parked at an airport, hospital, etc.

100% on this one. Even if it wasn’t solar powered it would be great (plug into the cigarette lighter). Would be great if it were a 4K camera. I noticed, no input from anyone at Ring on this post (was originally posted on September 2020) :frowning:

Idea. What about a ring for ure car. Place it behind in the middle and. Activate when ure home with ure wifi. Small one. Same features sensor and notifications … I been seeing alot of cars getting broken into. On my neighborhood rings. Ore if u have something like that. Can I get link to buy one. Thanks. Ring. Fan!

When all this gonna be available to the market?

Would like for ring to start making Ring Car Dash Cameras that have the parking montoring feature and do not have to be plugged in all the time. Would be nice to be able to use a dash cam without the fear of car battery drain.

I currently use my Ring Peephole camera as a dash camera for when im parked at trucks stops to make thieves think twice and also helps with any possible accident from another trucker hitting my semi truck and I have video evidence for insurance purposes it does great at recording but the motion feature doesn’t work as well as expected and I assume it’s because its programmed to detect people rather than a semi truck. Really would be nice if ring had a car wireless dash camera or a semi truck wireless dash camera with the same features as the ring doorbells. You could even have a bundle that includes a dash camera and two cameras that could be mounted to the left and right mirrors. I know I along with other Commercial Truck Drivers wouldn’t think twice about paying whatever price. Truckers spend on average $300-$500 for a gps system so paying $200-$400 for not just a camera but some added security and really a piece of mind would not be an issue. Also having them available for purchase at trucks stops like Loves, Pilot, Flying J, and or TA would be fantastic.