Ring Community Subscriptions not working?

I have in my settings to automatically subscribe to topics that I participate in, and I also manally subscribe to topics of interest. It’s set up to email me when there is a new posting to subscribed topics.

I have not received any email notifications from Ring Community for quite some time. I logged on today to research some issues with my floodlight cams.

It seems that all my subscriptions are “unchecked,” and I am unable to have them saved as checked. I’ve also noticed postings to threads for which I should have received email notifications from Ring Community but did not.

How can this be fixed? I would like to be email notified of replies and postings etc.

Hey @meme. Happy to help with this! There’s two things you can do to confirm you are getting the email confirmation of a reply you need whenever someone replies. When you are crafting a post, you will want to ensure you have “Email me when someone replies” checked at the top right, as shown here:

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 5.13.55 PM.png

In addition, you can turn on a setting which should automatically subscribe you to any topic you have a reply in, and then get a notification of it. You can find this by clicking on your profile picture at the top right and then selecting “My Settings.” When under My Settings, select Preferences and make sure you are under Preference Options. From there, ensure you click the box for “Automatically subscribe me to topics or reviews I participate in,” as shown below: Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 5.14.02 PM.png

This should help ensure you get a notification on your Community account in case you miss/don’t receive any emails! Let me know if this helps you out, I’m happy to look into any additional settings if this does not address this for you!

@Chelsea_Ring

Those settings were in place previously and worked fine. The settings have not changed. However, I no longer get any emails when someone replies to post, etc. I tried removing the settings and then re-saving. Still not getting email notifications.

Has anyone else reported this issue?

Thanks.

@Chelsea_Ring wrote:

Hey @meme. Happy to help with this! There’s two things you can do to confirm you are getting the email confirmation of a reply you need whenever someone replies. When you are crafting a post, you will want to ensure you have “Email me when someone replies” checked at the top right, as shown here:

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 5.13.55 PM.png

In addition, you can turn on a setting which should automatically subscribe you to any topic you have a reply in, and then get a notification of it. You can find this by clicking on your profile picture at the top right and then selecting “My Settings.” When under My Settings, select Preferences and make sure you are under Preference Options. From there, ensure you click the box for “Automatically subscribe me to topics or reviews I participate in,” as shown below: Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 5.14.02 PM.png

This should help ensure you get a notification on your Community account in case you miss/don’t receive any emails! Let me know if this helps you out, I’m happy to look into any additional settings if this does not address this for you!