Ring chime not activating

My ring chime never activates on the first press of my ring doorbell (2nd gen) however does work when the bell is pressed a second time?

Hey @Ian1269Clarke. What is the RSSI for the Chime? If the device has a high RSSI, this may be why there is a delay for the Chime to play the sound on the first press, and why it seems to come through after the second press is made. You can learn more about RSSI in our Community post here and our Help Center Article here.

I have the same problem the RSSI is 51 so well within good range. The chime pro used to work on a first press but no longer does. The router is about 3 metres from the chime with no walls in the way and the ring doorbell 3 is another 3 or 4 metres away so there should not be a problem, what else can be causing the problem?

@demetriou Since you have a reasonable RSSI and you are still running into this concern, it would be best to follow up with our support team on this concern. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to come back and let me know what they’re able to do for you with this!