Ring chime losing wifi

Hi, I just bought a brand new ring chime and it keeps losing wifi. It is near my router and the wifi signal is strong. I re-plug it in and then it works for a few hours and then disconnects again. I have read numerous other posts complaining about the same thing.

Hi there, @dougbf! Great call on placing this near the router. Try using another outlet entirely to rule out power variables. Please also ensure the prongs are fitting your outlet and is not loose. A reset is a great next step, if the Chime is not remaining online. Before performing a reset, please check your Chime device health in the Ring app to ensure wifi signal and other readings look normal. To perform the reset, hold the setup button on the Chime down for 20 seconds.

Once this step is complete, please reconnect your Ring device by following the steps in this help center article.

If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.