Ring camera with Battery not turning on after a year of use

Hi, I’m using a Ring Camera with a battery and it suddenly stopped working. I charge and changed the battery with the same and different batteries to see if it resolves the issue. I did a soft/hard reset and delete/remove camera from my app. Still no luck. It was working for a year. I have 3 other similar cameras that are not having issues and have used the battery(ies) on them without issues. If anyone has any other ideas to troubleshoot it, let me know.

Hey @cargonza2020. Is this for the Spotlight Cam Battery? We have noticed these devices have been failing to work and set up after trying the troubleshooting you have listed. Because of this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. They can preform any advanced troubleshooting with you or work out the best next steps. :slight_smile:

great! I’ll contact the 800 number. Yes, its the Spotlight Camera w/ Battery. Thank you!

1 Like

wow!! awesome support… took 5mins to get a person and get a replacement… I didn’t have to explain it too extensively… The Ring agent, Will, was great in providing me the support I needed.

Thank you very much!!

1 Like

@cargonza2020 Awesome news! Glad we made it a quick and easy process for you. :slight_smile:

Kudos to you also for giving me the guidance… Thank you! This experience definitely makes me a Ring fan…

1 Like

This has just happened to me. After a couple of months of not using the spotlight cam I loaded charged batteries (photo). I get 2 constant red lights(photo) but the cam won’t turn on or recognize fully charged batteries. I have tried hard and soft reset and deleting app.

Please help

call the 800 support number and they will help. I will have to call them again because another one of my cameras failed and its been working for a year. This is the second camera that will need to be replaced. RING replaced my first camera already.

1 Like