Ring Battery Floodlight keeps going offline

Hi, I setup a Ring Floodlight Battery and connected it to the Bridge. The Floodlight consistently goes on and offline, and when it goes offline, I have to remove it an reconnect it, it will not reconnect by itself

The Bridge is on the inside of a garage near the door and the Floodlight is on the outside above the garage door. Bridge is on 2.4Ghz network right next to a router, so signal strength should not be the issue here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Phil

Hi @NOMARinguser. Have you reached out to our support team on this concern? They can take a deeper look into this for you to ensure that the signal is how it should be, and do a deeper diver into why the device is falling offline. Next time your device falls offline, before doing anything on your end, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi, thanks for the answer. I will contact support if it goes offline again.

Yesterday I did unconnect/reconnect the bridge to the wifi and then the floodlight to the bridge again. Since then I have not noticed it go offline, so perhaps that fixed it.

Thanks!

1 Like

@NOMARinguser Awesome! I will keep my fingers crossed for you, but please let me know the outcome of that support call if it happens again. Hope you’re stay safe and healthy, neighbor. :slight_smile: