Ring Assist plus with spot light cam from HSN.com

How do i sign up for ring assist plus

I didn’t receive any activation code when i received the spot light cam and a ring assist plus bought from HSN.com.

I just got a card to register at ring site.

I activated the device on my account. How do I check the Assist plus is added to my account?

Hi @vinodkreddy1. There is nothing additional you need to do to activate your Ring Assist+. Once the device is set up and online, our system will recognize that originated from HSN and your Ring Assist+ will be automatically enabled on your account. If you have any further questions, you can reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. They can take a look at your account and make sure everything is in order. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I get that. But I want to check the Assist plus is added to my account. Can I see anything from my side when I login to ring.com or on App?

I called one of the support person who doesn’t know Assist plus is. So that person wasn’t helpful.

@vinodkreddy1 You can read more about our Ring Protect plans and how to find information on them in our Help Center Article here. With Ring Assist+, it is automatically enabled on your account so for confirmation of this you would want to follow up with our support team. I know you contacted them before, but feel free to reference this thread if you reach out. They’ll be able to take a look at your account and confirm everything is in order for you.