Ring App Windows 10 will not login - error code: 0x80131500

Frustrating, me too.
It’s amazing how buggy this thing has been.

It still sometimes take multiple minutes to connect to the server after an event and to see new events on the server.

Lot’s of time for the package thief to be long gone.

Nice of them to let us know that windows app support is ending. Where’s the “Live View” button on the web based viewer ?

Should have gone Nest… Would also work with my Google Home Displays. With 5 cameras, I’m really buried in the Ring ecosystem. Great to be an early adaptor.

This isnt acceptable - the biggest platform out there and you are pulling support. The reason I bought this was because it was listed as supporting home desktop machines - that is false advertising on your part especially if you had already planned to pull support for Windows 10. I am now stuck with a system, that for most of the time i cant view.

1 Like

I’m having same problem so i contacted Ring support and tried everything. Rep said engineers are working on it this and that was several weeks ago.

If this isn’t fixed soon (I’ll give it a month from now, say early February, I’m throwing all of my ring products in the garbage and finding a new doorbell/camera system that will work from my Windows 10 pc…:frowning:

Why are you posting a link to an app that DOESN’T WORK???

1 Like

Also getting the error code is 0x80131500 . Have tried the tips, nothing working. Trying to run app with Windows 10.

LOL - looks like Ring development team leading their business plans ('cos mobile soooooo much cooler to code for, who cares about what the customers want)
Had been reviewing different systems and was edging towards Ring - not anymore (only have the one door-cam so no great loss)

2 Likes

Well, found the answers I was looking for - thanks all.

I had been on vacation over the holidays, and when I got to work today, I realized the Windows app wasn’t working. I’ll be making the switch to another system - there’s no point in having Ring if I can’t see who is coming and going while I am at work (and I literally cannot sit on my phone all day). The browser view is absolutely worthless.

Same problem in Windows 10. I get an error code and cannot log in. I use my Mac running MacOS Big Sur, iPad and iPhone and they work just fine. Odd that it works on Mac and not on Windows 10.

Same problem if they are truly still working on this …fire them and hire someone that knows what they are doing

1 Like

Above post recommends the Web version. Web version is fine except there is no Live view. The Live view the main reason we previously used the app which is worthless now since we can no longer sign in. Please advise resolution.

Hi neighbors. If the suggested steps in this topic are not working for you and you are still have issues with your Ring app, please reach out to our support team to further investigate this for you. Contacting support will help Ring analyze each case and compile data to be able to achieve a solution.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Well the web app is useless I paid to have live view Etc, What the sense of having an alarm! This is starting to sound like some kind of Fraud!

1 Like

We have supplied the error code here along with the details about windows 10 and the store app not working. What is the point of a support forum if you are going to ignore the details and ask us to phone in instead?
I can provide more details via this system than I can by talking to someone over the phone.
This is just ridiculous.

For the last two weeks I have been unable to log into my account on the windows 10 PC application. My PC is up to date but I keep receiving this: The error code is 0x80131500. I have tried calling ring support and spoke to them for about 20 minutes they did not have an idea how to fix the issue.

so this is the dumbest resolution but it works because I was having the same problem.

change your email from yahoo to gmail for your ring account. go into your app on your phone to do this.

was [xxxxxxx@yahoo.com]
created [xxxxxxxx@gmail.com], changed ring sign in email address and perfecto login!

1 Like

change your ring email id from yahoo to gmail. it is stupid but it worked for me just now.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter which browser I use (Chrome, Edge, etc.), I can’t get logged into my RING account, although I use the SAME credentials I do when logging in on my mobile device. And apparently this has been an ongoing issue for more than 6 months.

Here’s an idea: Why doesn’t the RING development team work with Microsoft to FIX the problem with Windows 10 and STOP trying to make every individual user jump through hoops in an attempt to get logged into their account.

Change your e-mail from yahoo, to gmail or outlook (outlooked preferred) and youll be able to login the app just fine. I was having this same issue. My yahoo email account was my login. I changed it to my outlook email account and was able to login through the windows app just fine. Sad the engineers can’t figure this out and it takes the power of the people to do it.

Another option as well is to download BlueStacks. It allows you to download any Android Phone Store app and run it off your computer.

I have done both options and confirm both work on Windows 10 Pro 02/04/2021

:upside_down_face:

2 Likes