Ring app not saving settings for flood light

@Loureed Are you talking about the motion zones for the customizable zones you can draw/create, or the motion zones for the lights? You may need to remove and redo all your motion zones in order to have them working properly if this is a concern with the motion zones for motion detection, not the lights.

My issue has been resolved regarding the light zones being safed. However when I use disarm, the lights in the back yard they still come on when there is movement. I thought when you disarmed the lights and everything would be off? Please advise.

@kgmoeller The ā€œDisarmā€ mode you are putting the camera in is only going to be modifying the motion detection and the Live Viewing abilities. You can configure these under Settings > Modes. You will need to snooze the lights from coming on in your Light Settings if this is what you wish, but the Modes feature does not control the lights with the cameraā€™s motion detection. You can learn more about why the lights may still be coming on in our Ring Help Center Article here.

Hi Ring Support,

I just installed my new flood light cam but it will not save the light settings when I try to expand the range. I updated the app but it didnā€™t solve this problem. Can you tell me how I can get it fixed?

Thanks,

Tiffany

1 Like

Ring app does not save Motion Settings for Lights adjustments. I have latest APP. Ring floodlight camera is also brand new (few weeks old). I see this discussion thread is going on since 5 months. There has to be some solution by now, right? This definitely is a unpleasant experience. I also own Nest and Wyze products, never experienced such consistency issues.

How was your issue resolved?

Itā€™s not fixed. This is September 2020. I was kept on call for nearly an hour waiting without any solution. Agent Joey said he will call me later. Then I got a call, the moment I said Hello, he hung up. Why wasting my time? See my call log.

Hi @HelloWorld, happy to chime in here. Iā€™d suggest uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone to fully clear the cache, and reinstalling the Ring App. Once thatā€™s done, try to edit the Motion Zones for the lights on your Floodlight Camera again to see if they save correctly. If they donā€™t, youā€™ll want to follow up with our support team. As this is a neighbor-to-neighbor support forum and not a direct line to support, we arenā€™t able to take a closer look like our support team can.

You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. Weā€™re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I already tried those steps before posting here. I also spent (wasted) 1 hour with support team. I tried the app on 2 devices, both failing to save motion settings for lights. Support team was clueless so they said they will call me after an hour. They called me and then hung up and then I got a email asking me to review the support experience. I rated them Zero because I not only wasted an hour with them, they were unable to fix the problem and I see MANY other ring users in the Ring community still experiencing the same problem since 5+ months. I seriously feel Ring support should introspect here!!