Ring App not recognizing chime

I have the Ring Doorbell 3 Plus. I had the original Ring before and it worked fine. When setting up this new doorbell when going through the chime setup it checks to see if there is enough power to control your device then comes up with an error message saying an error occured and to try again later. So the step that checks the chime is saying Required in red but keeps coming up with errors everytime I run the test. I had no problems with the original ring. I read someone say on another post that you can go to the device settings and manually select Mechanical chime. I did that and the setup still doesn’t complete it keeps with the same error message. When I press the doorbell it works fine. The chime works inside and outside the house. The light on the doorbell stays white. If I press the doorbell it spins blue. So it seems the doorbell works fine except the Ring app for some reason does not recognize the mechanical chime as being there. In device health it shows the battery at 99 percent and being hard wired. So I am getting notifications of motion at the door and notifcations if someone presses the doorbell. The chime works but the app won’t recognize the chime or control it if I go to test it nothing ever happens. Is this a bug with the new ring 3 plus?

Did you ever find a solution because I’m having the same issue.

no same problem the test fails

Hey neighbors! Can you please try to reset your Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds? After that’s complete, please run through a new setup in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. Let me know if the setup successfully completes after trying these steps. :slight_smile:

The same thing is happening to me. Resetting the ring device did not help.

Hey neighbors! If a reset does not help resolve your concern, I’d recommend reaching out to our support team directly so they can take a deeper look at this for you. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: