Ring App for PC. Something went wrong, Error 403

Trying to access Ring software for Windows 10.

I am getting the error message: Something went wrong , Server response code 403.

I have not been able to find anything by searching for error 403. What could be causing this? Password is correct as when I type in the wrong password it says Incorrect Password. So it is also able to communicate with the server and isn’t being blocked by my firewall.

Hi there, @DrmChld! This sounds similar to this Community thread. It looks like disabling a vpn helped for one neighbors, and is certainly a step we recommend. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I decided to try the Windows Ring App on my work PC and it is getting the same error message.

I think it has to do with the two factor authentication. The Ring App never asks me for the two factor code when trying to login

exactly same issue here

Hello, I was facing a similar issue where it said error 403 from server. I traced out the calls behind the scenes and found the ring server indeed responding with a 403 with this in the details, {“error”:“2sv-method-not-allowed”,“error_description”:“2FA method not allowed”}. A while back ring forced all users to multi-factor authentication for security reasons, I was still using e-mail for multi-factor, so the fix in my case was to log into my ring account in the web UI, and setup a mobile phone to receive the code for two step verification. (Account → Manage Account → Two-Step Verification → Manage). It would be nice if the ring app would detect this error and present a more friendly message to the end user and/or support e-mail for MFA.

1 Like

thank you so much… this solved my problem.

1 Like

Just got off the phone with Ring Customer Support. They made it sound like their “Advanced Team” was working on this problem and didn’t know how to fix it.
Then I came across this fix online and it worked like a charm. All I needed to do was to change the 2FA to text (as described above) and that was it. Not sure why Ring Customer Support is oblivious of this easy fix.
Thanks so much to @PC707 for this easy and wonderful fix!!