Ring app crashes

Hello when i listing to music on ios 14 and i want to answer a doorbell ring I hear 3 beeps and then the ring app crashes. This only occures when i listen to music thrue spotify sonos etc. I’ve rebooted and restalled the ring app allready nothing seems t work. Read all the tips and trics found no answer.

It also occurs when start a live view session in the Ring app while playing music/watching youtube etc

Hi @GzieJhee. Would you be able to grab a screen recording of this behavior and share it here? When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. I’d be happy to have my team take a look at this. :slight_smile:

Hier is a short movie. Hope to hear from!

Hi @GzieJhee. Stepping in for Caitlyn here. I wanted to say thank you for providing the video. I’ve passed this information on to our engineers and they are actively looking into this. I will update you when I am able to provide more information.

1 Like

Is there an update yet? Installed the Rapid Ring app no issues, the Ring app itself? It still crashes…

Hi there, @GzieJhee! We are always working to improve and add to our Ring app and device features. While this feedback has been shared with our teams here, the only currently solution would be to ensure the conflicting app is closed. It is likely that the streaming nature of both apps and the processing ability of the mobile device is conflicting, whereas the Rapid Ring app is a much less robust app by design. Feel free to let us know if any other apps interfere like the spotify app does. In the meantime, keep an eye out for any app updates or even mobile device updates. :slight_smile: