Ring app crashes on live view

Hello,

I have a Ring2 videodoorbell , battery operated. I just updated the ring app to the latest version 5.210 on both my IPad and IPhone. But now the app crashes as soon as I want to view live. No error displayed, it just closes. Happening on both IPad and IPhone.

Anyone know if there is a bug or any suggestions what I dan do?

Thanks!

In the analyse log of the IPad I can see following error:

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000100e616e8
Termination Signal: Trace/BPT trap: 5
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x5
Terminating Process: exc handler [422]
Triggered by Thread: 0

Hey @Neoproject! This should not be happening, especially on both devices. The first best step here would be to remove the application, reboot your mobile device, and reinstall the app. Once done, please also ensure there is no Bluetooth, VPN, or hotspots active on either device.

If this concern persists, please also close any apps running in the background and remove/ disable any 3rd party security apps that might be conflicting. Finally, test this on wifi only, as well as on data only, is a great way to check connection strength. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback but it started working again since this morning. What I did notice was that we rang the Bell the iPhone showed a pop-up that the app needed access to the mic. Not sure If it was the rootcause but after that it worked on both devices. I Also noticed the RSSI Signal showed 0 when I was not able to connect to live view. The dashboard was still able to show new snapshots though.

1 Like