Ring App crashes every time I open Live view

I need urgent help!

I’m using a samsung galaxy S9 as my main device. It’s worked perfectly until last month. Every time I try to have a Live view of my cameras, the app freezes and crashes. I tried using the app in a brand new galaxy A51, and the same problem happened. I can only access live view through windows app in my PC. There, Live View still works.

This problem started about a month ago. I tought Ring would fix this bug, as , it clearly is a problem at your end.
I tried uninstalling, rebooting my phone and installing again. The app had its latest update. I tried another phone, same problem. The internet connection is fine according to the app itself.

I sending a screenshot. The worst part is that I can’t even have support through chat or email.

Hi @rodtam. There could be some apps on your Android that are conflicting with the Ring App. I would suggest looking at this Help Center article to see if that is the case. If this doesn’t fix the situation, I would contact our support team to see what is going on. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Hi Tom,

I tried to use the app on several smartphones, and I also don’t have any of the apps on this list that you sent. The program for windows also does not work on several other computers. The same error always appears (406 Not Acceptable). Regardless of the computer or smartphone used, the problem persists. This is a matter of my safety and that of my family. Couldn’t you ask someone from tech support to take a look? It’s easier to see the problem with the image I sent, and clearly the problem is at your end as it is happening regardless the device or internet connection used

I had a lot of problems with APP stability when the internet connection that my home had was incredibly slow as I had no other options. I have recently upgraded to a recent option that I was given and it is like night and day as far as stability goes. Good Luck…

Hello!

I’m facing exactly same problem, I’m using Galaxy S10 with ring app and system updated, tried on A51 too and same problem happened.

All my 4 cameras were working fine 2 or 3 months ago like yours, probably after a ring update all stopped and I’m facing same problem, when I click on live view it freezes and closes.

I contacted chat and they told me to call, but I’m from Brazil and I don’t speak english very well so E-mail or Chat would be the best shot, but their support is only over the phone.

I can’t use any of my 4 cameras since September/October.

I hope Ring fix this issue.

I’m from Brazil too and I also have 4 cameras. It happened exactly as you wrote. After they updated the app, it stopped working. I had my cameras working just fine for almost 6 months. Everytime I try to contact their support, I always get the same answers: “check you internet connection”, “uninstall”, reboot and install again", “check if you don’t have any of this conflicting apps”. Like I haven’t tried any of this things before. It’s like they’re not paying attention to what you are saying. When a problem persists regardless the smartphone or internet connection, it becomes their problem, and they close their eyes and pretend it’s nothing to do with them.

It is easier to show a problem like this by email, chat, or even here, than try to explaon it through the phone

1 Like

Yes!I agree with you, today I called their support and they told me it seems to be an App Issue with Android, the agent told me she would be reporting this to their Dev team and they would be providing us a fix for this issue as soon as possible, but she said it would take some time.

At the end I bought 4 outdoor Cam for $199 each + $50 USD each solar panel + ring door bell and nothing works.

I think our options are:

1 - wait a lot for this fix comes out.
2 - change to windows phone or apple, I tested on my windows laptop and camera works.
3 - Ask for a refund for entire system and go for nest system.

Ring Admin/Manager It’s not a reboot or wifi problem, it’s a ring app problem. I don’t use any apps that conflict with ring app. I don’t use any smartwatch with bluetooth on phone too.

When I opened app and then tapped on camera the ring app immediately crashed, I had to do some trouble shooting whereas I found out the reason this is happening is because “tao camera for live view” in device settings was not enabled, once i enabled it for each device I was able to access tap on cameras for live view and app no longer crashes. Open Ring app go to device settings, open video settings and turn on “Tap Camera Preview For Live View”, then go back to Ring app home and tap camera and it will open live view right away. I hope this works because it fixed my issue.

2 Likes

This worked. Not sure if that’s the functionality I wanted (tap for live preview instead of event log) but sure solved the problem.

What I don’t understand is why Ring, having this issue reported in 2020, has not solved nor diagnosed it yet.