I’m configuring my Ring alarm base station for the first time, and after selecting my Wi-Fi network and getting a success notification, the device is marked as offline in the app. Not sure if I’m doing anything wrong, so I recorded a video with the process I’m following, in case I missed anything. Can be watched here: Cloudup.
In case the video goes too fast, these are the steps I’m following:
- Tap the “Ring Alarm is offline” notification.
- Tap “Retry connection”.
- Nothing happens.
- Tap “Still can’t connect”.
- Tap “Join Network”.
- Tap “Continue”.
- Press the pairing mode of the Base station.
- The light ring starts to spin.
- Tap “Find my base station”.
- My base station is found and I’m ask to select a way of connecting to Internet.
- Tap “Wi-Fi”.
- Tap my Wi-Fi network.
- The device apparently connects successfully to internet, but it still appears as offline.
Thanks for the help in advance.