Customizable Police Response Options for Ring Alarm
If your Ring Alarm monitors your residential property and you are enrolled in professional monitoring with a valid Ring Protect Plus subscription you can now specify when you want the police to be dispatched to your location with the two options below to give you more control over the safety of your home. Note: Customizable police response is for burglar alarms only. Panic, SOS and other alarms will not be changed.
Option 1 - If No One Cancels (default)
- With this option, the police will be requested to your location unless an emergency contact answers the phone and cancels the alarm.
- Note:The correct verbal password is needed to cancel the alarm.
Option 2 - Only When I Say
- With this option, the police will not be requested unless an emergency contact answers the phone and requests a police response.
Note: Voicemail messages will be left for all emergency contacts who do not answer the phone no matter which option you choose…
Follow the steps below in your Ring mobile app to customize your police response.
- Open the Ring app and tap on the Menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Monitoring.
- Tap on Police and Fire Response.
- To customize your police response, tap Edit.
- If you make a change, don’t forget to tap Save.
Learn more in this Ring Help Center article.
You will also be able to view response plans for burglar, smoke, and CO alarms in the Ring app. Learn more about these in this Ring Help Center article.