Ring Alarm Base Station Error During setup

I recently purchased a home with an existing Ring Security Alarm/System already installed (and other Ring devices). I was able to properly set up the pre-installed Ring doorbell without issue but when I attempted to add the base station for the Alarm system I got an error “This Base Station is already registered to another account.” The previous owner had stated that they have removed the device from their account and when asked again, they confirmed that it had been removed. I attempted to add it again but with the same error. I then tried the Alarm technical support line. We went though several steps but nothing worked. After failing to get it to add properly, they escalated the issue to a higher level technician and was told to wait 24 hours. It’s now been 48 hours but I’m still unable to add the alarm to my account due to the error “This Base Station is already registered to another account.” Am I out of luck at this point? Is there any way to replace the Base Station but continue to use the peripheral associated with this alarm system (motion sensor, smoke detector, flood light security camera, door sensors etc)? Thanks for any help!

Hi @lukewarmwalker. For this concern, I would suggest following up with our support team again. The Community is more of a neighbor-to-neighbor forum, so for concerns involving device ownership, our support team will be better equipped to help. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: