Ring acting weird last two days

I just called the support number. There is a canned message something like - if you are calling to report trouble with the app or your doorbell, we are aware of the issues and are working to resolve the issues. Call back later… (my words)

Yesterday morning (my first day on the paid plan) the app started telling me it could not find my locations. I resolved that by rebooting my router, uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

This afternoon the app tells me by battery level is unknown and my status is online. No more RSSI value. Firmware is also showing unknown.

Android tells me the version of my app is 3.32.1.

I had been pretty happy with Ring for a couple weeks before all this. If these problems are at all related to Ring ‘pushing’ updates to either my device or my application - I wish they would stop. Let ME decide when I would like to update my world. Or - short of that - provide a way for me to pause updates for say 8 days or so…

This really is starting to feel like a beta product. It is kind of causing me to have a bad opinion of Amazon to be honest. They really need to put a little more effort into it.

Thanks

I just noticed the option to subscribe for email updates related to this apparent system wide ring outage. I’ve subscribed but do you think those subscriptions will be honored ? I have received no notice that my request has been received …

I started having issues today also on the app on my android phone. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled. Now it wont let me log in on the Ring app!! It sends me the 2 factor authentication code, i enter it in, and it says “Something went wrong”.

Any suggestions??

Is this widespread?

thanks - Wanda

There is a systemwide problem today affecting all Ring apps. Guessing it will either rectifying its own or they will push out firmware correction.

If you are wondering if there is a system issue go to status.ring.com

1 Like

@WandaLB wrote:

I started having issues today also on the app on my android phone. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled. Now it wont let me log in on the Ring app!! It sends me the 2 factor authentication code, i enter it in, and it says “Something went wrong”.

Any suggestions??

Is this widespread?

thanks - Wanda

Hello @WandaLB ,

Yes today Ring is experiencing a system wide login and app errors and other Ring services,
and they are in the process of restoring the Ring system outage (Nov 25, @ 14:25 UTC). https://status.ring.com/

As for the latest update, Ring is still working the outage issue. I live on the east coast of the USA and my Ring App came back up (Nov 25, 2020 @ 19:18 UTC), but my “Live View” was still not working, so they were still working restoring the system, but getting close to full system restoration.

Then, Nov 25, 2020 @ 19:37 UTC all of my Ring App functions, including “Live View” are now fully working correctly. There were some Notifications that suddenly occurred on my phone, mostly likely the Notifications of what was happening during the outage, and were stored and backlogged in some sort of Ring computer server queue, I guess. All the video past footage seems OK too. I also noticed that my Shortcut Tiles, such as “Neighbors”, “History”, “Alarm”, etc. kind of got rearranged too . . . but it was easy to put them back in the order the way I preferred. https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Device-Tips-and-How-To-s/Using-Ring-App-Shortcut-Tiles/ba-p/49168

Officially, the Ring Status is still down and I’m assuming that is because not everyone’s issues have been fixed yet, but it’s rolling out and should be to everyone soon. https://status.ring.com/

Hopefully very soon, with a little patience, everyone will have full restoration on this issue. :slight_smile:

Update : Live view is working at the moment. Motions are registered. I do not have motion alerts enabled.

Device Health is broken. Battery level reads 100% but it is probably more like 93%. Status is ‘online’. I hope THAT is not a new enhancement and they will go back to reporting an actual RSSI value. Firmware is ‘unknown’. I wish they would report the actual version level.

Update : My app/doorbell currently appear to be working properly.

Battery 93%, Signal strength RSSI - 66, Firmware Up to date.

(I never did get any status update emails from Ring)

Sorry to hear about this, neighbors! It sounds like this may be related to our recent status found at Status.Ring.com, or in the Community Announcements. Our team is working on a solution as we speak, and will update the status when this concern has been resolved.

If you are needing further assistance, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support.

1 Like