Ring 3 Plus - Detecting motion when people only mode is on

Hello,

I’m hoping someone can help me. I have a hardwired Ring 3 Plus, and even when I have People Only mode on, it’s still detecting normal “motion detections” all day long. the history is full of “motion detection” as well as odd “Person detected” for the postlady / gas man etc. But WHY is it even recording ordinary motions when People Only Mode is switched on? It’s really annoying me and it’s draining the battery faster than the hardwire can trickle charge it.

Why is it doing this? Thanks.

Hi @MaxDaddie. The People Only Mode works a little differently depending on which type of device you have. With battery powered devices like the Doorbell 3 Plus, your device will record all events, but usually only send you a notification when a human-being is detected. You can read more about how it works in our Help Center Article here. I hope that helps clear things up! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had misread what People Only mode actually is. You only get notifications if a person is detected. You can’t turn off motion detection so that the doorbell only records people. This is what I wanted, for the doorbell to only record when a person is detected, as this would save a lot of battery.